Pages

April 10, 2014

Thinking of You Cards for Visible Image

It hasn't been a very great month so far, not liking April much this year. I made three Thinking of You cards this week (just showing two here as some are repeats!) to send to friends and family who aren't well.

I went for making some lovely nature scenes using the beautiful stamps from Visible Image.


My first card uses the sentiment and the verse from the Thinking of You set. I stamped everything using Jet Black Archival Ink. I took the flower silhouette, also from this set and the Tall Grass set to make my nature scene.  To finish off the card I stamped and fussy cut the Butterfly. I used Spiced Marmelade and Faded Jeans Distress Inks for my coloring and Black Soot Distress Ink for the card edging. For this card I splashed a little water as well for a bleaching effect. This card is for a girlfriend going through a very tough time back in the States.


My second card is for my uncle who has just started treatment for esophogeal cancer. I just wanted him to know I was thinking of him. His prognosis is good for a recovery but has a long road ahead of him with surgery, chemo and radiation.  This card also features the Thinking of You set and the Tall Grass.  I added the Dragonflies that were stamped on acetate, love the look of them! Again I used Jet Black Archival Ink and Spiced Marmalade, Faded Jeans, and Black Soot Distress Inks.

Dave's brother receives my third card but it is already in his hands, he is fighting a strong battle against a very agressive pancreatic cancer. Prayers and good thoughts are always needed.

Visible Image Blog Badge, Blinkie

For more inspiration don't forget to check out the Visible Image Facebook Group, and the Visible Image blog where the April Tag challenge is running so plenty of time to get your entries in. You could win £20 of Visible Image stamps.


    
  

3 comments:

ruthsplace said...

The cards are lovely. Hugs to you and your family as you support them through such a hard time.

Paper Profusion said...

These are beautiful Cathi. Thinking of you and your family. Big hug, Nicola x

Jean said...

You make the most beautiful cards!!