Pages

April 11, 2014

Mixed Media Card for Creative Expressions


This week I looked at the products we got in our April DT pack and decided I wanted to use the two gorgeous mists that we received along with the stamp set. I love the intense colors in this, and just went to town adding lots of Creative Expressions metal embellishments!

I started with a 5 inch square base of card. I embossed the Ivy Corner stamp in Cosmic Shimmer True White Detail Embossing Powder and Pefect Medium. I then sprayed the Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Ink Spray Mist in Buttercup and the Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist in Arctic Blue onto the background letting them blend together a little. I also sprayed the gorgeous Spellbinder Bitty Blossom flowers with the same gorgeous colors and made a lovely flower cluster across the card, using the contrasting colors to make them stand out.

To finish off the card I used lots of Creative Expressions embellishments. I added a fun bow using the May Arts Burlap String, and added Creative Expressions Fancy Key Charm on top of it. To finish off my corners I used the Victorian Metal Corners . As a final little detail I added the ladybird stamp from the Ivy Corner set in Jet Black Archival Ink in a few places crawling around my flower cluster.

I love the intense colors on this card and I hope you do!! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Perfect Medium Pad ClearCosmic Shimmer Detail Emboss Powder True White Ivy Corner Set of 2 Stamps    

Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Ink Spray Mist Arctic BlueCosmic Shimmer Ink Spray Mist ButtercupSring/Burlap Natural 400yds

Spellbinder Die Bitty BlossomsFancy Key Charms pk 8Victorian Metal Corner Embellishment 12 pieces


4 comments:

nattyboots said...

Im loving this ,such a lovely array of color

Vicki said...

Gorgeous card, Cathi! You rocked those mists and stamps!

cr@fty said...

What fabulous colours it's a card that would cheer the recipient up.

Patricia said...

Such stunning work with the mists!!! Absolutely love this card!!!