Pages

April 30, 2014

Dies Galore at La-La Land Crafts


This week our theme at La-La Land Crafts is Dies Galore. When I first read the rules I saw that we needed to use at least three dies, but when I put it on my calendar I named it the three dies challenge! So this week I kept this layout fairly simple...just three dies this time!!


My eldest daughter is ballet mad so I chose this gorgeous photo of a ballerina in pointe shoes sitting in the Paris metro. Underneath her is the words "faire un voyage" take a journey. I also added the flair with the word "voir" to see... I wanted this to symbolize the journey she is wanting to take to become a professional dancer. It is a hard journey and she may not realize her full dream, but if she works hard she can see where the journey takes her and how amazing will that be. This will go in a shadow box in her room.


The papers I used are Prima Cartographer, designed my talented friend Frank Garcia. They are full of things French and Parisian and so I just had to use my Eiffel Tower die as my focal point!! I also used the new Diamond Wire die as a bit of background texture. Finally I used the Heart Doily Border die underneath the photo. Simple layout, but I just love that Paris map paper and how the layout came together and shows off the beautiful dies. I hope you like it too!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)