Pages

April 30, 2014

Beauty of Nature: Amazing April Kit from Frosted Designs

As you know, I have been through a lot with my family the last few months. I have not been at home all the time, and my dear brother in law has just passed only a week ago from a very short battle with pancreatic cancer. He was only 39.  But the world keeps turning even though we think it shouldn't sometimes, and my amazingly beautiful April kit from Frosted Designs: Beauty of Nature arrived while we were away in Dublin for the funeral last week. I was able to work on some projects this weekend when we arrived home, and it has been great to help me through all this...my creative pursuits are really my therapy.


Beauty of Nature

The beautiful April kit is chock full of 7 Dots gorgeousness in the form of the beautiful Nature Walk papers. Marion Smith's Nirvana collection in the kit is also stunning and I have featured it in my second layout. Feast your eyes here on all the amazing contents in the kit, the only thing I added from my stash here was some thread for my stitching! Beautiful mask, Lindy's magical paints, Tim Holtz Distress Markers, Prima flowers, wood pieces and crochet items...Maya Road metal pieces...UmWow chipboard, this kit is just full of gorgeous products!

Dream Big: Adventure Awaits Layout


For this layout I just had to choose a photo from a nature walk we did a few years back, of course!! The main paper is from the 7 Dots Nature Walk collection. I have also added several die cut pieces from the collection, as well as a sheet from Marion Smith's Nirvana collection under the photo.


I have painted the Chipboard Flourishes from Maya Road in the kit with the gorgeous Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical - Bells of Ireland Green, I just love the gorgeous sheen you get with these shimmery powder paints. I simply used a water brush to apply them.  I used two beautiful Prima Joyous Burlap Flowers for my layout, adding lots of other embellishment to my cluster: KaiserCraft Paper Blooms, Marion Smith Junque & Gems Metal Embellishments - Butterflies, praying mantis chipboards from the Um Wow Nature Walk Insect Chipboard Package, the postage stamp frame from the Prima Wood Die-Cut Icons - Stationers Desk.  Again I painted the chipboard mantises using the Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical - Mission Bells Brown for more lovely sheen.  You can also see several places where I used the Lindy's Mission Bells Brown mixed with molding paste to do my gorgeous masking using the kit's Harlequin Crafters Workshop Template.


In the top corner of the layout I added some more flourishes, frames, die cuts and a flower from the beautiful kit. Here you can see where I used the Bundled Sage and Walnut Stain Distress Markers and the cool new Tim Holtz Spritzer tool from the shop to make green and brown splashes on my page. I finished off the layout with some black stitching around the paper layers.

The second layout features Marion Smith's Nirvana paper. I love this photo of my oldest daughter Aine when she was a baby. I used several sheets from the collection, fussy cutting some flowers for my cluster around the photo. 

Love: Noted


I used more of the Prima Stationers Desk Wood Icons here, the butterfly, inkwell and Noted pieces and the gorgeous "Sweet Love" from the Prima Crochet Icons - Love You set. There are some Nature Walk die cut pieces used here and there and my final Prima Joyous Burlap Flower along with more Kaisercraft Mini Blooms.  



I took my water brush again and used it to drip and sprinkle on some of the Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical - Bells of Ireland Green then took the Tim Holtz Spritzer and my Walnut Stain marker and added splatters. Again I finished off the layout with some sewing around the edges. I really love how this turned out!!


Our new May kit will be out soon, and is another stunner, but I recommend this kit highly, so many gorgeous papers, mediums and embellies, you just can't go wrong.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Cathi sorry to here your brother passed away, I think life can be very unfair. And sometimes out of great loss and sadness comes great beauty as in your pages you have poured your heart and soul into these pages and they are stunning they show your heart