Pages

February 19, 2014

Frosted Designs Shades of Spring February Kit


Cathi here with my first project with the gorgeous Frosted Designs Shades of Spring kit, featuring papers from Basic Grey Fresh Cut and Adornit  Home Tweet Home Word Play. I also managed to fit this into 


All you need to do is use THREE of these items from the list!

White Gel Pen (GREAT for faux stitching!)
At least ONE of the Distress Inks (Lemon and Raspberry included!)
At least ONE of the wood veneer pieces
The color PINK
At least ONE sticker (Full sheet included!)

I managed to get ALL FIVE of the ingredients on my layout!


My daughter is obsessed with ballet and came to me at age 9 telling me she wanted to be a professional ballerina! Obviously being her mom, I thought she was a lovely little dancer and always seemed to be chosen from her group for a bit of a solo spot in their little performances at the end of the year. I pulled her teacher aside after my daughter begged me to talk to her one day when I was picking her up...I expected the teacher to say, no, it is too competitive and she doesn't have the right "whatevers" to make it. But the teacher scared me and said,yes, if she works hard she has the talent and the genetic body shape right now to do it! Two years on and Aine still is obsessed with dancing, wishes classes were every day, and achieved the highest score in the history of her small school here for her latest graded exam for the Royal Academy of Dance!! She is also dancing Alice in the Alice in Wonderland performance this year. We are so proud of her!! We had to take these photos recently of her in different poses (not telling you why!) and of course I had to scrap some of them!


I used several of the Adornit wooden pieces on the layout. I titled the layout "Follow Your Bliss" because that is exactly what ballet is for her, something that makes her excited and happy. She may be starting down a career path at the age of 11, lol, that is filled with competition and disappointment. She may give up on the dream, but while she is passionate and happy about it, we will help her along.

The kit comes with Squeezed Lemonade and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks. I used the Squeezed Lemonade here to color some of the gorgeous Kaisercraft blooms that came in the kit.  I fussy cut several flower clusters from the Basic Grey papers. The "bliss" word and the bird were colored with the Juniper Adirondack paint with a kind of color wash effect. The wooden hearts were inked with the Picked Raspberry ink.


I used some corrugated white paper from my stash and inked it with the Picked Raspberry Distress Ink and added some Melissa Frances resins, a key and lock!  I chose a few stickers from the Fresh Cut sheet and used one on the photo and some as banners in one of the flower clusters! 

I added some white doodling in the diamonds on the background paper, and faux stitching on the kraft tags using the White Gel Pen and then added some texture to the background using the Dot Fade Tim Holtz stencil.

I enjoyed doing this layout and this kit just has so many gorgeous papers and embellishments to work with! I will be back next week with another project and a tutorial! Thanks so much for looking and come join us this month for the Kit Challenge!!

1 comment:

Maremi's Small Art said...

Cathi you must be a very proud mum, your beautiful daughter looks so professional already. Stunner. Fingers crossed for her. The kit is great ! I love the Tim Holtz mask ! I definately will purchase one. And the layout it is very nice, I love the colors and mix of flowers. Well done, Marta x