Pages

February 26, 2014

Life's a Beach - A Shadow Box Kit Frame for La La Land Crafts!


This week our theme over at LaLa Land Crafts is TicTac Toe...we had to choose a line to use for our own tic tac toe project.


I decided to do the center vertical line: Chipboard, Cream, Twine

For the base of my project I used the gorgeous Seashell Shadow Box Kit which I painted with cream paint from my stash. I inked around the edges in Walnut Stain Distress Ink, coloring in the seashell at the top of the box as well, and adding a pearl.


I really layered up the edges with lots of the LaLa Land Crafts dies!!  I used the Large Flourish Die on the top and bottom of the frame to add detail. The Berry Flourish looks great tucked in like seaweed behind the twine netting. I added the stunning Hot Air Balloon die along the top edge in pink to tone in with the pink tshirt my daughter is wearing in the photo. The Rolled Rose Small and Medium die was used to make some sweet flowers in pink to add to my frame.  I added the Scalloped Banner die for a bit of whimsy!   As a final touch, I added some gorgeous resin embellisments, a seashell and starfish tangled up in the net and if you look behind the flourishes, you can see a little crab peeking out!

I really hope you like it! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

No comments: