Pages

February 28, 2014

San Fran Beauty for Creative Expressions


This week for my final project using the background stamps, I decided a layout was in order! I love to do layouts and try to always have at least one for my Creative Expressions projects each month!  For today's layout I found a cute photo of my youngest Aisling during a trip to San Francisco...you can see the skyline in the distance as I snapped this on a boat we were taking out to Alcatraz!  I decided to choose the cool architectural paper from the Tim Holtz Crowded Attic Paper Stash as the base of the layout because we were visiting a big city with some great turn of the century architecture! The ruler design was also taken from the Crowded Attic papers.

I used the Feather Background A6 Stamp to make my own backing paper layers for this, using Cosmic Shimmer True White Detail Embossing Powder and their very sturdy A4 White Cardstock. I inked up the paper with Tumbled Glass and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks and edged the papers and photos with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.



I used the gorgeous That Special Touch Chevron Mask and Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste to make the chevron patterns on the background and sprayed them with the Antique Rose Vintage Mist. I also used the Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to color the background paper.



For my flower cluster I included Pink Zipper Flowers and Silver Satin Roses.  The smaller blue roses were cut from the Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms die from the A4 white cardstock and inked in Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to tie in with the rest of the layout.  Finally I added the Steam Blue Vintage Ribbon throughout the cluster as an accent.

The title was made with fun Tim Holtz Ransom Alpha Parts and I finished off the photos and the edges of the layout with some machine stitching.





Tim Holtz Idea-ology Crowded Attic Paper StashUmount Feather Background A6 Stamp  Cosmic Shimmer Detail Emboss Powder True White  Distress Pad Walnut StainTim Holtz Idea-ology Alpha Parts RansomDistress Pad Tumbled Glass  Distress Pad Victorian VelvetThat Special Touch Mask Chevrons  Wendy Vecchi Paste White 4 fl ozCosmic Shimmer Vintage Mister Antique RoseZipper Roses Pink pk 4 Satin Ribbon Roses Silver pk 8 Spellbinder Die Bitty Blossoms
Vintage Ribbon Steam Blue 100yds 9/16

1 comment:

Denise van Deventer said...

Such cool, cute photo's! Love the design of this page with the cluster through the middle of the page....really great! Love the soft colouring too! x