- Eat healthy throughout the day, and drink 1 1/2-2 liters of water!! I will be starting Weight Watchers again to get my weight under control again. I was down to 120 after DD2 Aisling was born, but have just gained and maintained at about 175 for the last 2 years...not good enough anymore, I want to get healthy, and anyone that wants to join in with me, come along!! I think I will start a new page here for Weight Watchers stats etc...
- Quilt a Dear Jane Triangle. I hope to get this quilt done in time for the August Festival of Quilts in Birmingham.
- Sew a gift for a friend. I hope to sew or quilt a little each day that I can, nothing new about this though, lol, it is in the blood. I will be working on a few gifts (head cold permitting, I am the queen of laziness right now!) for friends babies, and a very special bear using the chenille robe of a dear friend's mom who passed away, kind of a memory gift for her, she didn't have too much cotton for a memory quilt.
- Knit Dave's felted slippers. I hope to knit a bit each evening as well! I find it so relaxing!!
- Going to pull out the rag rug that I bought 10 or more years ago!! Would love to get back into this again!!
- Go for a walk. Even if it is just a small one with the girls and Dave to get started! Hope to get the energy to walk as often as possible to get girls to school, etc!
- Use my dishcloths and scrubbies instead of sponges and paper towels. I hope to get more "green" and environmentally conscious this year, using less paper, less water, less electricity, less petrol... I hope to make these part of the daily routine, like recycling has become.
- Read a book in bed by 11pm. No more staying up late...will read in bed at a reasonable time!!
Have been working on some felted slippers for Dave since last night...they are so huge before felting it is funny! Have a peek... This went pretty fast, but have lost concentration this afternoon! Trying to get my head around the goals I have for the New Year. I really want this to be a year for positive changes.
I started following Weight Watchers today myself! I really need to lose some weight, I can't stand it any longer! I won't say how much I weigh though, you're braver than me in that regard! Maybe we can monitor each other's progress!
I still have to mail you that yarn I promised you, I have been so busy I haven't gotten around to it, there's a good thing for me to promise for the new year!
What a great idea! I'm a big believer in New Year's resolutions (what's life without plans and ambitions?) but to actually get them off to a good start on January 1st is a fantastic idea.
Good luck with the resolutions! It's always fun making them but I'm not very confident about how well I will succeed with mine!!
Happy New Year!
I'll join you in the challenge of eating and drinking more healthier in 2008. I'm back on WW as well :)
When is the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham this year? I might just pop offer and meet you guys and experience this festival myself.
I'm back to WW too. Does not sound very original... but I really need to lose weight, my joins are aching and I don't like what I see in the mirror. I've suscribed to the UK magazine. It has been a great help in the past, and we don't have it in France. Any support/motivation will be most welcome though.
I hope you will do it for the Festival of Quilts. In fact, I'm sure you will.
In the meantime, Happy New year to you and your family.
With a fresh new year, 365 days, ahead of me I usually think I can accomplish amazing things LOL...but reality brings me back to down earth and I know that many things HAVE to be done, other things I will be accomplished only if I keep on task. I have so many things that I enjoy doing so there is no way I can do tons and tons of just one thing if I actually want to do a variety. I'll spend a few minutes here and there throughout the day doing this and that. First up is reading blogs, next is organizing my purse...here I go into 2008! Happy New Year to you Cathi...
hey there-- count me in on the WW challenge, I found my goal weight, but it is all about maintaining...
Think I will too do my 2008 list. thanks for inspiration!
Hiya Cathi, I too have been considering how I can make healthy changes for both myself and my family and your list was full of wonderful ideas!!! Happy New Year to you and yours!
OK, I believe you can accomplish every one of them except number 8 - I've known you for too long! xxx
Oh and, yes, I'm back on WW too. I only (luckily) need to lose about a stone, but no WAY am I buying a new wardrobe in a bigger size.
Let me repeat what everyone else has stated, great idea!
I haven't read Pam's yet, but I think I'm going to follow suit from both of your posts!
Happy New Year and Good Luck!
Post a Comment