Pages

February 25, 2006

A Second Viewing...and Quilt Top Done!!

My non-tradtional baby quilt... I don't tend to make baby quilts with black fabric, but I had these blocks from a swap and my friend said she wanted bright things for this baby girl's room, so I thought the black and bright quilt would suit. She didn't want the normal pastels for babies.I plan to wait to quilt this till the baby comes sometime within the next month or so (due mid-March) and then quilt the name and date, and maybe a quote or two, or just stars, hearts, etc... now that I'm using a softer fabric, I know I'll be able to do the free-motion quilting I want for this one!

We had a second viewing for the family of the woman who looked on Tuesday! They seem to really like the house and the gardens! I have a nice size berry patch in the back, some apple trees, and herbs scattered throughout...haven't managed a bigger garden with the two kids to keep me busy, but this seems to be a big attraction for them.Since they just saw the house this morning, we won't know if they are interested enough to make an offer, but please keep all those fingers, toes, eyes and elbows crossed for us!!

Off to work on some of my 4 patch swap blocks before the kiddies come home. Have decided to be like my organized quilting momma hero, Evelyn, LOL, and prepare some blocks that I can sew a seam or two on in 5 minute snatches. If I have stuff set up, then between playing with kids, getting them places they need to go, looking after house, cooking dinners, working on my paid work, LOL, then I can find some time for quilting too, woo hoo!!

I finished my DJ wallhanging and will put it aside till I sort out quilting thread and needles. Can I just use the Mettler thread I use for hand piecing I wonder? Or is it not strong enough for the quilting part? I also think I'll use sharps instead of betweens, as the shortness of the betweens scares me. I should learn someday from a long-time quilter, but till I can find one in Ireland or on my travels, I'll just wing it for the moment.

I pulled out and started preparing sashing for my big DJ...hope to sew some of row A together tonight...beginning a new part of my Dear Jane journey! Posted by Picasa

No comments: