Pages

February 7, 2006

Finished the I Spy Name quilt...more plans for letters!

I finished my friend's son's little I Spy name quilt...kept it simple, stitched in the ditch and around the letters. He'll love it! I tried to free-motion words into the blue areas, but the hand dyed fabric was so tightly woven, the needle kept bouncing off, and my access to different needles to try out isn't great...not many places locally to sell sewing things. Quilting things...well there is a quilt shop about an hour away, luckily, but it is very small...

I am planning on practicing lowercase letters next to make some name pillows for the girls. I also have a simple scrappy 4patch swap to get started on.

I've started hand sewing the sashing on a smaller Dear Jane wallhanging using my false start 6 inch blocks. We don't have a large bed, so a Dear Jane quilt done with 6 inch blocks would drown our bed. I restarted on my 5 inch blocks this time last year...I'll start on that more daunting construction task next week! Posted by Picasa

No comments: