Pages

September 26, 2013

Imagine, Dream, Inspire Canvas - Thursday DT Post for Visible Image


Hello friends!! It is Thursday and time for my post at Visible Image!! This week I made a canvas featuring one more than last week, lol, 8 of the Visible Image stamp sets!!!  I started the canvas by spraying several Lindy's Stamp Gang mists over the canvas. I then started layering stamping. I used Sepia Archival ink for my Grunge Flourishes around the edges of the canvas. I also used it for the Retro Dots Background stamping I did.


The Imagine Dream Inspire stamps were done with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink...I let them get blurred and misted for a dreamy look.  


I added some misted lace and covered it in gesso, as well as stamping gesso onto the canvas using the Grunge Polka Dot stamp.


The chipboard tree was stamped over with the Crackled Background stamp and the Retro Dots Background  I inked the edges in Black Soot Distress ink to define it a bit more. I added the gorgeous script Bronte Border in several ink colors over the canvas, and a few Grunge Check Background stampings. For my final touch I stamped the gorgeous Large Butterfly onto acetate using Stazon Ink in black and fussy cut them out and folding out their wings for dimension.

I really had a lot of fun building up this canvas. I hope you like my project, and if any of these stamps catch your eye, please visit the store by clicking on the links! All international shipping is a flat rate of £3, such a great price!



Visible Image also run a challenge each month on their blog.
This month the theme is:
Use a Visible Image Sentiment stamp on a project and link it up, easy peasy,
and you could win £20 of your choice of Visible Image gorgeousness!
Join us over at our fan page on Facebook or join our GROUP!
This month if you load a Visible Image project you've created in the group,
you also have a chance at another £20 prize, you have to be in it to win it though,
so I hope you have a look at the site and get some stamps and join in.

Last but not least, have a look all the gorgeous stamps on SPECIAL OFFER!!


Head over to our website where there is 25% OFF selected stamps... and selected character stamps are just £5! The stock is limited so be quick to grab yourself an awesome deal! Once they're gone they will revert back to the normal price.

I would love to enter this in the Punky Scraps Texture and Image Inspiration Challenge (I had printed out the image and used the colors for inspiration and stamped into molding paste for the bark of the chippie tree and used gesso and lace for texture!) and the Craft Stamper Challenge!

12 comments:

Gisèle said...

Great job sweetkins! Love the heart lace...

Shell said...

So gorgeous! Love all the mixed media elements

Pauline Butcher said...

Fantastic canvas Cathi, I love all the layers and texture, beautiful. Hugs P xxx

Kate North said...

Like this one a lot, Cathi :) Very me!

Chrissie said...

This looks simply tremendous Cathi!
Great stamping!
Thanks for joining in the Craft Stamper Challenge.
Chrissie

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

I love all the texture of those layers! Awesome piece! Thanks for joining us at Punky Scraps!

Angelnorth said...

Great layered stamping and the butterflies look fab on the acetate! Tanks for joining us inthe Craft Stamper challenge!

Trish Latimer said...

Wow! Gorgeous canvas!! Thanks for joining in this month with the Craft Stamper Challenge!

Riikka Kovasin said...

So gorgeous and dream like!

Lesley G said...

Stunning :)

Natalie Jane said...

beautiful! Thanks for playing along at Punky Scraps! x

Eli said...

Wonderful project.Thanks for playing along with us at Punky Scraps.