Pages

June 10, 2014

Capture the Moment Vintage Love!

.Capture the Moment

I am absolutely in love with the new June Kit from Frosted Designs: Capture the Moment! I am a huge fan of vintage, and this kit is FULL of vintage beauty!! I just love the lush Victorian feel of these papers and colors!!


This vintage beauty in my layout is my Great Aunt Marge! I just love this photo and the story that went with it. She took the photo for her fiancĂ© (my Great Uncle Les) before he went off to war. He had it pinned up by his bunk during training and kept it with him all during the war! I used the gorgeous Prima Time Traveler  and Stationer's Desk papers for this layout, adding the Time Traveler Flairs, Flowers, Brads, Tags and ATCs to my layers!!


In this close up you can see the gorgeous Petaloo Burlap Blossoms, Time Traveler Flowers, Tags, Tickets, ATC and Brads, Wooden ATC, Maya Road Kraft Typography Numbers and the fun bow I made from the Prima Trim.  I added some stiching around my layer and used the The Crafters Workshop Mini Love Post Stencil and the Ranger Forever Red Perfect Pearls Mists to create a heart on my design. I outlined the heart with the Ranger Liquid Pearls - Onyx Pearl.


In this photo you can more gorgeousness from the kit: More Time Traveler flowers, tags, flairs and brads and the gorgeous Petaloo Burlap Butterflies!!  I also used the Prima Family Unit Lace Stickers here and included a Maya Road Kraft Library Card. This photo was a keepsake for my great uncle so I recorded the story on the library card insert! You can see in this closeup where I used the stencil to add some words in black ink and sprayed Ranger Forever Red Perfect Pearls Mist in my background. I also used it to color my Prima Trim.  I had a great time making this vintage layout and really piled on the embellishments...but I still have four cards, another embellie filled layout and an altered frame to show you from this kit, you really get a lot from each kit! I will show the cards here, but there will be more to come later this month!

I love to make vintage cards, so again this kit was right up my alley, and I made four cards this time!!


The base paper of my four cards I made is a sheet of Authentique Abroad papers. I also used Time Traveler ATCs and papers as further layers, as well as the wooden Prima Classic Card pieces. I used the Prima Trim for every card and added in some Prima Time Traveler Brads.  For the top left card I used my gorgeous Prima Resin Frame and Time Traveler Clear Stamps to frame an image of a stamped key.  I love how my four vintage cards turned out and I hope you do too!!

The Messy version of this kit is already sold out and there are not many left of the Clean or Combination Clean and Messy kits. Get yours today by clicking HERE!!!


2 comments:

Mindful craft said...

What a gorgeous kit Cathi, you've created such lovely layouts with you page and cards.
I love this vintage look too.
Karen xx

Dana Tatar said...

Wow Cathi! You rocked this kit! I love the layout and your card set is fantastic. Thanks for the inspiration! :)