Pages

January 7, 2013

Sweet Child of Mine

My gorgeous baby girl Aisling was born with hip displasia (clicky hips!). Her hip sockets were shallow and if left untreated she could have had mobility issues as she grew up, instead of being the wild little girl she is now, running around without a care. This sweet photo of her in her brace she wore for her first 4 months reminds me how grateful I am it was caught early and the problem was solved while it cause no major discomfort to her. I enjoyed doing this layout and was actually able to use a few sheets with my December Scraps of Darkness kit too...


I did this layout as part of the CSI Case 53 challenge and used this gorgeous sketch from Scrap Africa.


Here is the Case File for this week:

I used the color scheme. 
Evidence: flower, metal, pleating, texture paste, scallops and fabric
Testimony: Haiku, Scallops on my journalling spot, inspiration words soft, lovely, quiet

2 comments:

Denise van Deventer said...

Such a wonderful sentiment for your layout Cathi! Love that precious photo and is obviously one that pulls at the heartstrings! I love the journalling and is so great to know that Aisling is now running around, like little girls should!Great pleating, punching and accents....a really super page! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I was born with something similar .... I had to wear a brace around my hips for a couple of years!! I loveeeeee your lo!! LOVING the colors and the flowers!! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrap Africa!!!