Pages

April 1, 2007

Group Projects!

I did this Irish landscape with needle turn applique (except for that tree, I'm not that crazy... a little fusible web for that!). It will be part of a banner for a Brian Boru festival held here in Killaloe/Ballina (one side of our town, Killaloe, is in Clare, where I live, Ballina, is across on the other side of the Shannon River in Tipperary). Brian Boru, a great ancient warrior was supposed to have ruled over this area, so there is a festival every year. I started it at my patchwork group on Wednesday and got so into working on it that I finished it that night... My applique is slowly getting better!

The other project is my next crazy quilt round robin block. The quilt is beautiful in creams, whites, and pastels... I had fun putting some lace and my little spider on it.

My ocean waves are growing slowly...have finished 25/80 now, and have decided to make this bed quilt a duvet cover...possibly using some thin flannel for quilting it and then using muslin or another sheet for the duvet back... we have duvet covers here, not layers of blankets, and my bed is a sleigh type one that a quilt doesn't look right overhanging, its edges really need to be tucked in... has anyone ever made a duvet cover/quilt?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: