Pages

May 31, 2006

Quilting is my therapy!

If anyone who reads this can say a little prayer for my cousin and her family right now, I'd really appreciate it. About 2 weeks ago, she was in a terrible car accident and her head injuries were so severe they are giving very little hope of coming out of the coma she is in now. Her one and only daughter, age 4 months is doing okay now, only a minor head injury and some cuts and scrapes from flying glass. It was my cousin that bore the impact the passenger side of the car crushed into her, and by some miracle her baby behind her was okay. My cousin's husband who came upon the scene of the accident is still distraught.

The teddy bear quilt top that I am finishing up now is for my cousin's baby Shae. Many thanks to Barbara for most of the teddy bear blocks (I only did one!) and to Hanne for 4 of the 4 patches. I am embroidering eyes and noses for the bears, then will do some simple quilting. I am also going to do a scrappy top for my cousin using the diamond square block seen around blogland lately. My aunt told me my cousin's favorite color is peach and since I only found 2 scraps big enough for my block's center I've actually broken down and bought some peach fabric for the quilt border and some of the block centers. I hope to get this done in the next few weeks.

The alphabet quilt for my daughter might not be done by her 2nd birthday on June 19, but I want to work on these quilts first right now.

I finished up my other baby quilt...now to get about a zillion tops quilted!!

DJ is up to Row J now, three more to go...

Our pink house is gone...we had to take back our deposit...too many legal entanglements we didn't want to take on ourselves. We are back to looking in a nicer village along the Shannon River that has everything within walking distance, including a PATCHWORK CLUB! This is quite amazing as quilting is not popular here...once I heard about this club, it was decided, buying or renting for short term, Ballina, Co. Tipperary here we come!

If you made it this far, thanks for reading!!! And keep a good thought for my cousin's family!


 Posted by Picasa

No comments: