Pages

March 28, 2006

Brainstorming for my first "arty" quilt

I won a book last year on Ebay, just wanted to buy a book and it was the right price...it is called Everyday Angels in Extraordinary Quilts by Mary Lou Weidman... It is about doing a quilt expressing who you are and who you want to be, a kinda guardian angel quilt with your character...

This is my idea so far... I love trees as a motif...I love yoga... I am always striving and failing to find my balance...with kids, with food, with housework... I'll get there one day, but I am always seaching for balance. My angel here is doing a balance pose for yoga, called the tree pose... I figure my angel will be slim and trim, the way I'd like to be someday (slim, not skinny...my days as a size 2 are long gone, but I'd love to be toned again...) I'll applique the tree somehow and use charms I have to hang on the tree along with leaves... That squiggly border is celtic knot border that I'd like to try once...esp. since I'm living in Ireland and of Irish descent, and married to an Irishman...it is part of who I am... I'll use CW repros cuz Im into them with my DJ as well...and I fell in love with South African indigos and was sent a few that I'd love to use on the border maybe...

It is just at idea stage, but need to figure out how to get it started...guess I piece a background in greens and creams and then work on the tree...can do a border later...

This is part of my promise to myself to do more quilts for myself and for my house... Since we are still moving at some point, I can't really do quilts for a specific part of the house, but this can go anywhere... Posted by Picasa

No comments: