Pages

May 4, 2011

My first vintage tag ever!


I am still learning, but am having fun! Would love to hear what you think of it, but be kind!

I am really getting into the papercrafting and have been buying a bit too much ink and stamps and other goodies...a whole new craft to collect supplies for!! I have also been organizing them into my crafting space.

This is my homemade version of this expensive Clip it Up! It uses things we already had here, so it was free: an IKEA towel rail and some curtain clips to hang my stamps and goodies with! We have sloping ceilings in that room, so it makes good use of the space.



Here are the set of yummy inks I invested in...it was cheaper to buy the set, I swear!!

I used my Silhouette to print out the names of the inks and to cut around them...I also used a Xyron sticker maker to make them into label stickers...then I inked each label to show me the colors of the ink pads from the side!

Here are a few more bits I have gotten... I have been buying other things here and there but small things...so forgot to photograph them! Here are some gorgeous Tim Holtz stamps...

Here are some Tim Holtz stickers (can you tell I like this guy's design range!??) and a bunch of tags...all the bits to get started!

I need to do some more communion cards soon, and some more birthday cards...but going to give a go at making a few more tags too...need to get some of those glimmery shimmery sprays I keep reading about next...sooo many things to buy...just need to win the lottery!

5 comments:

anything with a needle said...

I really LOVE the tag!!! I want one!! Crafting is sooo fun when there is still more to learn..How's the foot? hope it's better. love seeing what you are doing. marsha

Anonymous said...

Hi there Cathi...

I'm loving your vintage tag!! I see you used your new distress ink pads for the background and I love the effect! The dressform stamp is lovely, I've got my eye on that one too ;-) The thin strip of lace along the bottom is just perfect too.

Great Clip it up storage idea too, I have a kitchen towel rail from ikea in the kitchen cupboard still in the box, I think I've just found a use for it in my workshop.

Meant to say in my email.. there is an online company in Ireland that sells fab stamps www.waltzingmousestamps.com ;-)

I'll save your blog to my favs now and will pop in and see what your creating on a regular basis now :-)

Sarah

Plum Cox said...

Lovely! I just want to know how you are going to find time for a second hobby...... as well as looking after a family!
Good luck with the paper crafting!

Micki said...

Your vintage tag is wonderful! I bought the whole set in the States of the inks, and figured out it was cheaper.
Micki

Sarah said...

Beautiful tag. And I love especially what you did with labeling Silhouette--very clever. Did I tell you so...it's addictive. All the nooks and crannies will take over your living spaces (no joke LOL) Happy Mother's Day, my dear Cathi!