Pages

January 28, 2014

Enjoy the Journey: A Layout Just for Fun!!


I don't always take the time to do projects for fun these days, as I keep myself pretty busy, but I really wanted to use some of my Fabscraps papers and newly purchase bag of shells and do a beachy themed layout! I also wanted to play along with Scrap Around the World and the Lindy's Stamp Gang Color Challenge this month!!

January Color Challenge  

Somehow my pink flowers are more peach colored in the photos, but I hope you can see the other colors here!! Lots of Lindy's Golden Dubloons Moonshadow Mists on the background. I inked the chipboard with 
then covered parts in gesso and embossed with Orbit Olive Gold Embossing Powder.



I found that cool silver earring that looks like a sand dollar at a local charity shop and put the pair to use in my layout. I was lucky enough to go to CHA in Los Angeles this month and I snagged a bag of seashells at the nearby Michaels, my daughters were tired of me stealing their shells for my cards and layouts!


In this cluster here I used lots of shells Prima flowers, Petaloo butterfly and a Maya Road wood doily. The kraft tags holds some journaling, I spotted those in a local shop and asked for a few! There is some Prima web type trim that is in the flower that I happened to win a roll of and it matches perfectly, used that to give some texture to the layout...

I really love this layout it is going up in my scraproom to remind me of summer on these cold dreary days!!


8 comments:

Eila Sandberg said...

Don't you just love those days when you can do something just for you without having to meet a deadline! this turned out really beautiful Cathi! Thank you for sharing your summer memories with us at SATW!

Paper Profusion said...

Fabulous layout Cathi and a brilliant interpretation for both challenges - good luck with them. Roll on summer... Nicola x

Elaine coustley said...

lovely beach layout. Love the way you have done that cluster.x

Keren Tamir said...

this LO is very beautiful CAthi!! I can see how much thought you put into it!! love that photo of your girls!! thanks for joining us at SATW!!!

Unknown said...

It so beautiful!

Kim Ewins said...

Truly beautiful layout!!
Stunning work , Cathi :)
Thanks for sharing with us at SATW

alexandra polyzou said...

such a beautiful page!!!thanks for playing along with us at SCRAP AROUND THE WORLD!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful page....Thanks for playing along us at Scrap Around the World!!!