Pages

January 4, 2014

Something New Challenge for Sugar Creek Hollow!!


This week at Sugar Creek Hollow, we are challenged to use something new from our stash, Christmas pressie goodies, new purchases from sales around Christmas time... I chose to use gorgeous flowers and embellies from a new kit I received and the new gelatos I received. I made my own background using a harlequin stamp which I used the gelatos to stamp with, it makes a gorgeous subtle watercolor stamping effect. It was a lot of fun to try and love the effect it gives. I also used Spiced Marmelade Distress Ink to tie in with some of the oranges in my vintage image.

I love the gorgeous Art Nouveau images done by Mucha, I have printed off several of them recently, so these are also new to me! I finished off my card with some flowers from my stash some gorgeous burlap ribbon and twine and a key resin.

I hope you will use some of your new goodies and come play along with us this week!!!

4 comments:

Paper Attic said...

Hi Cathi! I dropped in to thank you for the very sweet comment you left on my blog, thank you so much for the compliment! I only discovered challenges a few months ago, just love them....I have a very new blog and entering challenges is the only way I know -so far- to get some traffic to my blog! Well, I will definitely be back, your blog is amazing! If you ever fee like sharing any tips or tricks, love to hear from you! Your cards are truly beautiful! Love those Art Nouveau images, so pretty....Lisa

Unknown said...

Beautifully romantic, Cathi!!!!

xErin

Daniele said...

so loving this Cathi, love all the fibres you have added
hugs

Monica said...

I love that kiey... this is beautiful.