Pages

September 21, 2014

Rosemary


Hi friends!!  I love taking photos of my children, you see them all the time on my layouts!! But I am also lucky that I have an aunt on my mom's side that has kept track of an amazing wealth of ancestral photos for our family. I am using another one this month for my Meg's Garden layout, this time my own maternal grandmother, Rosemary Jones. This is her First Communion photo, I just love the big bow and ringlets in her hair, such a great photo!! I focused on the Correspondence Collection this time, using the gorgeous Correspondence Collection - A French Account 12 x 12 sheet, the Correspondence Collection - Mademoiselle Louise and Correspondence Collection - Cut & Create Correspondence 4x12 sheets. I love how you can use the smaller bonus sheets to build up layers on your projects!


Here you can see the flower cluster I created featuring the Chocolate Small RosesDusty Pink Poppy and Paper Lilies.  I added a fun Tim Holtz Pen Nib to the cluster to tie in with the cut out images I used from the Correspondence Collection - Cut & Create Correspondence sheet.


I love how this Large Rectangular Laser Frame looks after I have covered it in gesso for a base coat and then used my Walnut Stain and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks to color it. I wanted to have an aged look but also pick up the color of the Dusty Pink Poppy. I finished off the frame with a favorite script stamp in my stash.



Meg's Garden carries some amazing metal trinkets perfect for any project. Here you can see the Vintage Trinkets - Butterfly pieces I used to adorn the chipboard frame. I finished them off with a few pink pearls I had.

I hope you like heritage vintage layout I created. I think Meg's Garden papers and embellishments are perfect for heritage pages and beyond! Thanks so much for stopping by!


Supplies from Meg's Garden:


1 comment:

Plony said...

This is soooooo gorgeous...So lovely you used a real picture from a member of your family....It's very lovely!
Hugs Plony