Pages

May 16, 2013

Thinking of You Card - Couture Creations DT

Today I have a little card up on the Couture Creations blog!


I wanted to showcase this "Thinking of You" Couture Creations embossing folder and I knew that a card was a perfect way to do it! I didn't want to cover up the sentiments on the folder, so I made this card very clean and simple and used my favorite color combo of turquoise blue and brown!

To make this card I cut a 5" x 5" square of kraft cardstock. I embossed the Broken China Kraft-Core Core'dinations cardstock with the Thinking of You folder and used my Couture Creations Sanding Block to have the Kraft Core show through the gorgeous sentiments and images. I used my largest scallop square nesting die to cut the cardstock and attached it to the kraft cardstock base using 18mm double sided tape  I attached a piece of twine around the embossed die cut for a nice accent.


To make a flower for the card I used my smallest Couture Creations Daisy Nesting Die and layered several of die cut book pages. Using my Couture Creations pointy tool I punched through all the layers and secured them with a small brad.


On top of the brad I placed Self Adhesive Pearls and surrounded it with Couture Creations adhesive gemstones...I scrunched up the flower die cuts to make a simple flower and then used my Couture Creations sponge dauber to highlight the flowers with Broken China distress ink.


Under the flower, I used a Scallop Oval Nesting Die cut from kraft cardstock which I lifted up over the twine with Couture Creations Foam tape.


I took the card base and attached to a premade square card again with my 18mm double sided tape.

A simple, sweet card to send to someone to let them know you are thinking of them!!


Couture Creations products used

2 comments:

Lesa said...

Simply Lovely Cathi

Keren Tamir said...

adorable card Cathi!! and thanks for our lovely chat yesterday!!