Pages

May 18, 2013

Sugar Creek Hollow DT Reveal: Clean it Out!


This week the DT have been cleaning out and raiding their stash and scraps to make their cards! My C'est Magnifique kit from April just had a few scraps and pieces left in it, so I cut out a vintage image from the Pion Alma's Sewing Room papers that had been in the kit and then made the card base and layers with scraps left over from the same papers! The beaded stick pin was from a swap years ago and the flowers have been in my stash quite a while.

I have a drawer where I throw in lots of paper scraps and try to start many of my cards that way...of course that means I don't actually use the 6x6 paper pads that I have accumulated way too many of! At least these days I realize that I won't go back and use the same collection over and over, there are just too many interesting new ones that keep coming along...and I don't seem to collect quite as much as I had done in my first year of papercrafting lol!

If you love vintage or shabby chic themed card making, I hope you will come over and join us at Sugar Creek Hollow!!

I'd love to enter this into the MilkCoffee Vintage challenge.

8 comments:

Ita said...

Hi this blog thing is very new to me ,am trying my way around it.lovely cards ,love the old world images
Smiles
Ita

Daniele said...

such a gorgeous card, just love those papers
hugs

Meggymay said...

An adorable image, a beautiful card and papers.
Yvonne

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Cathi! Love the soft background DP, clock and all the pretty embellies that frame the sweet image perfectly! I'm feeling really proud and excited to be on the SCH DT with you and the other ladies! Great job.

ruthsplace said...

Such a pretty card. I've sorted all my scraps by colour and try to start there when making cards or looking for stuff to put on my scrapbook pages.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful creation Cathi. You put all together so beautifully, love the purple flower!
Amelia x

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card, love the balance between the muted colors of the image and the flowers. ~Diane

Cristina said...

Beautiful card, great job!
Thanks for joining with us at Milk Coffee this week, and hope to see you there again soon.
Hugs, Cristina.