Pages

May 20, 2013

First Communion Preparations

I am so excited to say this layout is being
published in a print magazine, my first ever!! 


I did this layout for the Once Upon a Sketch May Challenge to use their sketch and a number somewhere in the layout. Here is their gorgeous sketch:


I covered my bases pretty well using numbers with a "1" sticker, the title First Communion Preparations and with the date! My journaling is hidden on the back side, where I say: "This is my favorite photo of you on your Communion Day. You look beautiful and I can see a rare smile from you in the mirror's reflection". I am so proud of you my baby girl!"

I used my Scraps of Elegance kit Prima Fairy Rhyme paper and just love the May Arts ribbon and gorgeous die cut doilies from Gina's Designs that are in the kit. I used a stencil and modeling paste, lots of Prima flowers and a trinket.


Don't you just love the Molossi chipboard dress form? So big and beautiful! I applied gesso to it then cream colored acrylic paint. I stamped a script stamp on the dress form in Victorian Velvet and Broken China Distress Inks.



I'd also love to enter this in the Zeus and Zoe challenge and the Berry71Bleu challenge.

Thanks so much for taking the time to look!

15 comments:

Ita said...

This is a work of art and the colours are fantastic.
Smiles
Ita

Sandie said...

Wow, this is beautiful .... love all the gorgeous detail. Wonderful to have you join the Zeus and Zoe challenge this month...

Keren Tamir said...

this is so very pretty and her hair is so gorgeous!! too bad we cant see her beautiful redness in this B&w photo!!

Adriana B said...

so pretty and love all the misting, great page :)

Svetlana Austin said...

such a pretty LO! very special photo, love the beautiful colors and pretty details!
thank you for joining us at OUAS!

Unknown said...

This is very nice - I love the colors so much! :)
Have a nice day!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Very pretty page!Thank you for playing along with Berry71Bleu.

Riikka Kovasin said...

Fantastic work! Thank you for joining us at Zeus and Zoe!

Eila Sandberg said...

Feel like a parrott but your page really is so very pretty Cathi! those doilies sure are totally dreamy. My gosh how cute that photo is, can almost feel the excitement. Thank you so much for sharing this precious moment with us at OUAS!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous layout Cathi! Love the colors and misting! Thanks for joining us at Berry71bleu!

Chantalle said...

Beautiful picture and details. Love that gorgeous doilie! Thanks for sharing with us at OUAS

Denise van Deventer said...

So pretty Cathi...congrats on your daughters 1st communion! The photo is sooo super and she looks gorgeous! Your page has so many lovely details...really fab! Thanks so much for playing with us at Zeus and Zoe! ;-)

Gloria Stengel said...

Oh my. Stunning layout! Wow!

Unknown said...

What a lovely photo and a very pretty page!Thanks for sharing with us at berry71bleu and Zeus and ZOE!

Norma Gomez said...

Congrats on being published Cathi!! Thank you so much for joining us in the Zeus and Zoe May Challenge :D