Pages

May 15, 2013

Aisling's Special Day - Molossi May DT Layout


Here is my first layout for the Molossi Chipboard Design Team! I just fell in love with this fence and hanging sign I received! I treated the chipboard with a coat of gesso first then Walnut Stain Distress Ink and Brilliance Rocket Red Gold inks for an antiqued shabby look.



I used the beautiful Kaisercraft These Days papers that I have been hoarding in my stash for far too long, and finally cut into them making loads of banners as a matting for my photo. I inked the edge of all the papers  with my Walnut Stain Distress Ink, placed my photo in the center of the banners and used some of the These Days stickers to layer. I added my fence chipboard in two pieces around the photo and the hanging sign above the photo which has the title of the layout. 


Finally, I added some Kaisercraft blooms and some coordinating seam binding as well as some Martha Stewart leaf punches to finish off the page.

I really enjoyed doing my first layout for Molossi. I only received my DT packet yesterday but wanted to get started right away! I am looking forward to seeing what next month brings, these pieces are so intricate and so strong. I've often had pieces this intricate fall apart when removing them from their background, but these chipboard pieces are very sturdy as well as intricate, I am in LOVE!

I used the beautiful Kaisercraft May Saturday Sketch #2 for my layout:

5 comments:

ruthsplace said...

It's a beautiful layout. Congratulations on Aisling's special day too, she looks lovely.

Moz said...

Congrats on a fabulous layout. You will be a great asset to the DT Cathi. Hugz

Adriana B said...

great take on sketch, love the fence chipboards, great first reveal :)

Keren Tamir said...

so so beautiful Cathi!! love how you used the gate!!

Lauren T said...

Beautiful treatment on the fence.