Pages

July 2, 2014

My Irish American Girls!

This week the team at La-La Land Crafts were inspired by this picture:


Here is the layout I did following this inspiration!


I used a gorgeous paper line of vintage patriotic patterns and colors from Authentique called Glory and of course include lots of La-La Land Crafts Dies!! My husband is Irish, but I am American, having lived here in Ireland since 1997. We always try to do something small on the 4th of July to remind the girls of their half American heritage!


I layered some paper under the two photos, then added some flowers, including the gorgeous Rolled Rose Large Small and Medium Dies. I added the fun Random Flags Banner Die between my two flower clusters. I die cut two beautiful Heart Doily pieces and tucked them in my layout.


Here you can see where I have tucked in some Steampunk Heart Cogs die cuts and where I have used the Honeycomb Die, both as die cut and as a stencil for my molding paste! I have a tutorial coming up on Thursday that will show how versatile the La-La Land Crafts dies are, you can use both the die cuts themselves and the negative pieces that the die cuts leave behind to make some gorgeous stencils for inks, molding pastes or mists in your papercrafting!

We are here in America this year (we come every second year as it is a costly trip!) so this year we will be celebrating the holiday with friends and family in the States, always a lot of fun!

1 comment: