Pages

July 29, 2014

A Blog Hop with a Difference

Hello!!!

I received messages from two amazing talented friends, Lisa Gregory and Rikki Graziani a couple of weeks ago asking if I'd like to participate in a blog hop with a difference.  It's a little different to the usual, scrapping blog hops as it's not run by anyone, instead it's a blog hop to share a little more about yourself, introduce your readers/followers to some lovely scrappers that they may not already know and having fun.

I first met Lisa via Facebook when I was inspired by her work and I am pretty sure I messaged her to say how much I love it. I have been FB chatting with her ever since and consider her a great inspiration and mentor in the world of scrapbooking!!   Rikki Graziani was on a design team with me and I really admire her versatile style she can rock both grungy mixed media and flowery shabby chic without skipping a beat!

Here are a few questions & answers we were asked about my creative process:



1.  What am I working on right now?

I am in the United States for six weeks at the moment though we are starting our final full week here today. It has been a challenge creating for my design teams without my well stocked scrap room but it has been fun. I can't not create when I am six weeks in the same place, so I have taken over my parents spare room and turned it into a mini scraproom. We do lots of early morning activities before the heat of the day and I do my creating in the afternoons or evenings. Here is a sneak peek of something I created yesterday for a guest design gig for August.



2.  How long does it take to create a project?

It depends, sometimes they come quickly, sometimes they develop over days!! Being away from my scraproom with limited items to use, my latest creations have gone a little faster, though I still might come back to them over the space of a day or two. Here are some layouts I have been doing lately...





3.  What are my favourite things to create with at the moment?

Layouts, layouts and more layouts!! But I do love to do cards, and have fun doing altered projects and jewelry!





4.  How does my creative process work?

I work with several different design teams, so sometimes it starts with the DT product, such as dies, stamps or kit items. I love to use both vintage photos and photos of my gorgeous girls. I will often work on the photos and flower clusters to get them where I like, take a photo and then work on the mixed media background to tie in with it!  When I am creating for myself I love to use sketches and pick out fun stash that I haven't used in a while.


5.  How do I become inspired & stay inspired?

I have always loved crafting and what has inspired me was learning new things: sewing, quilting, knitting, scrapbooking and card making! Of course new products and new techniques during whatever crafting phase I have been in has been inspirational, who doesn't love new goodies!! With scrapbooking I love to take photos of my girls and make shadowbox very 3D layouts!


6.  What is my signature style?

I think my style is still developing, but it always has flowers, usually has sewing and is starting to have a reasonable amount of mixed media and color!! I think it will constantly evolve!

I've asked two friends to continue this blog hop!


Connie Hall

Connie is one of my first scrapbooking friends I made when I first started papercrafting. 
She has a gorgeous classic shabby chic style!



Debbie Burns
http://www.undermycreativeumbrella.blogspot.com.au/

I have worked with Debbie on a few Design Teams and just love her vintage mixed media style.
So glad to call her one of my scrappy friends!!


These ladies will share a little more about themselves,  their scrapping style & inspirations.  So make sure you give them a visit next week to catch their blog hop post, where you'll learn more about them & also see who they are passing the blog hop onto. Pop on by their blogs now and become a follower, that way you won't miss their blog hop post when it goes up next week....or any of their future posts showcasing their amazing work :)

I hope you enjoyed this insight to my scrapping world.

4 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Really lovely to read a bit more about you and good on you for continuing to scrap away from home too..

Jean said...

I wish I had your artistic flair! Always so beautiful!

Unknown said...

It was nice to read about you! I don't know how you do it away from home?! I can't do that much here at home...LOL!!All your projects are beautifully done!

LISA said...

I always look forward to your newest artistic endeavors!!! Thank you for your kind words. I enjoy our late night chats as well!! xoxo