Pages

August 6, 2006

Crafty Weekend...

This will be a quilt for Aine's school we are leaving behind...I will bind it up with scrappy bright binding I had leftover from another project (I knew it would come in handy at some point!) and need to piece together some batting scraps to do this one... I have found enough orphan blocks to make pillows for each teacher as well...a little nicer than the typical box of chocolates, well, in the long term anyway!

I also found an orphan block I have that will be PERFECT for crazy quilting practice! My grandmothers fan block. The lace is actually from my grandmother's stash so will be used in my crazy quilt blocks for the round robin as well!

My MIL is here for the weekend and funnily enought brought a knitting project. Aine is there with her own "knitting". I will definitely be teaching this girl some crafting when she gets older and can manage a sewing needle or knitting needles. I wonder what a good age will be for those, hmmm????

I've started on the top border for the Dear Jane, with an aim of getting the quilt top done by October at the latest!

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: