Pages

August 12, 2006

Busy Week

Mostly with the work I do from home (graphic design)...but kept on doing a few bits and pieces...

The montessori quilt is done except for a hanging sleeve...and I've done 3 of the 4 orphan block pillows for the teachers. Check out the gorgeous batik I scored at a thrift store the last time I was home in the States! I was preparing to cut it and found some tags on it...it is an Indonesian batik and there was a price tag of $28 on it! I am seeing lots of nice bags, pillows, etc with the length of fabric I got at the Village Thrift shop for 50 cents!! I had forgotten I had it, but it is lovely!

Moving day is getting closer and closer...getting a bit sad about leaving here, but I know I'll make new friends eventually and have plenty of quilting projects to keep me busy, LOL!

Anybody have a good way to get some will power? I'm at the heaviest I've been in years, and need a swift kick in the rear! Starting using my Weight Watchers points counting again. Lost 70 lbs on it before, could stand to lose about 40 lbs now. Sigh.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: