Pages

March 27, 2014

Guest Designing for Something Tattered!!

I am so excited to be a guest designer this month for Something Tattered Stamps!! I have had a great time making some fun projects using Tattered Vintage's gorgeous stamps on muslin! I love stamping on fabric, it has such a great vintage look!  If you have any Archival or Stazon Ink in your stash then you already have the perfect inks for these projects!!! For my projects here I used Sepia and Jet Black Archival Inks.


I was a quilter in a former life so I have a bunch of muslin (lightweight cream colored woven cotton fabric) leftover and wanted to make my projects with this. I think it has a great country cottage chic look to the finished projects and it takes the ink perfectly. For this upcycled heart wreath I simply took a length of the cotton and fringed the edges, then using my Sepia Archival Ink, stamped the gorgeous nest stamp from the Nest Amour Stamp Set along with the flourish from the Brooch Bling Stamp Set. I wrapped my muslin "ribbon" around the wreath and tied a fun bow at the top to hang it from.


For the center heart I did a little vignette using some Prima flowers, nest and bird resin. I stamped the word Amour from the Nest Amour Stamp Set on a small scrap of the muslin and added it to the cluster. I love how the wreath turned out!!



Another ribbon project I did was for gift wrapping. I had a pretty kraft paper wrapped gift and used one of the Brooch Bling Stamp Set motifs and repeated it on the muslin ribbon to make a pretty package.


I had a lot of fun tea dying some muslin for my next two projects... I drink a lot of tea, so used several of my tea bags in a bowl of hot water to dye the fabric for these sachets and fun patchwork pillow.  The sachets above feature the Ou La La Chandelier Set, the Nest Amour Set and the Dress and Tiara Set. I stamped the script stamp in Sepia Archival ink and the featured stamps for each sachet in Jet Black Archival Ink. I sewed the edges of the sachet in black thread to match the stamping and fringed the edges.


Here is a photo of the fabric in its lovely tea bath.


My final project is a ragged edge patchwork pillow also using my tea dyed fabric.  Again using Sepia Archival Ink I stamped the central Amour motif from the Nest Amour Set, then tow gorgeous stamps from the Frieze Stamp Set to finish off the pillow. 

I had a great time putting together these projects and was able to upcycle some of my fabric stash and a wreath. Thanks so much Beth and Tracey for having me this month, the stamps are gorgeous and great quality and I had a lot of fun creating!

No comments: