Pages

February 14, 2014

Fly


This month we got a few very cool MDF projects from Pronty in our Creative Expressions DT Pack! I decided to create with my Birdhouse Frame this week! I started by using my Shabby Shutters Distress Crackle Paint to cover the whole frame and the MDF leaf pieces from the frame kit. After the paint had dried I embossed the Feather Background A6 Stamp in Cosmic Shimmer True White Detail Embossing Powder.


In the close up above, you can see the amazing texture you get from the crackling and the heat embossing on the frame. I used Walnut Stain Distress Ink to antique the edges and bring out the crackling!!. Here you can also see some of the other pieces I painted, the bird in Broken China Distress Crackle Paint and the heart and flower in Worn Lipstick Distress Crackle Paint.



I have added a favorite Tan Zipper Flower and some Creative Expressions Metal Leaf Embellishments to my little cluster of birds leaves and hearts in the bottom corner. I love the photo of my daughter and it fit in perfectly with the colors I chose for my frame. To finish off the frame I added a Creative Expressions Fancy Key Charm and the word "fly" using Tim Holtz Ransom Alpha Parts.


MDF Element Frame Birdhouse Umount Feather Background A6 Stamp Cosmic Shimmer Detail Emboss Powder True White  Distress Pad Walnut StainZipper Roses Tan pk 4 Metal Leaf Embellishment Small Tim Holtz Idea-ology Alpha Parts RansomFancy Key Charms pk 8Distress Crackle Paint Shabby Shutters Distress Crackle Paint Broken China Distress Crackle Paint Worn Lipstick

2 comments:

Monica said...

Gorgeous! Wonderful pic of your daughter.

Pat Smith said...

Lovely