Pages

December 6, 2013

Henna Stamp Ornaments for Creative Expressions


This week I did a quick and simple project using two of my Henna Stamp Singles from Creative Expressions: Henna Rangoli and Henna Mosaic.


To put these together I embossed each stamp three times using Creative Expressions Detail White Embossing Powder. I then fussy cut out three sections of the henna patterns lifting each up on foam tape for some lovely dimension. I used the full pattern, a mid size motif, and the small circular pattern on the Rangoli stamp. All these layers have a subtle mixture of distress ink coloring in Stormy Sky and Shaded Lilac. To finish off the first ornament I used a crystal from my stash and Creative Expressions 8mm White Pearls and 3mm White Pearls.


For the Mosaic stamp I stamped and embossed the pattern three times using the Creative Expressions Detail White Embossing Powder and coloring the background again with Stormy Sky and Shaded Lilac Distress Inks. When cutting out and layering the patterns for this ornament I found it really looked effective to not lay the same design on top of the underneath layer, but to offset them slightly so that the pattern repeated a bit differently to the same pattern underneath, it really added a lovely depth to the design. I added a Creative Expressions Self Adhesive Black 5mm Pearl to the center and some black and silver beads from my stash to dangle from the ornament.  These are going to make a beautiful addition to my Christmas tree this year!!!


Cosmic Shimmer Detail Emboss Powder True WhiteDistress Pad Stormy SkyDistress Pad Shaded Lilac
Henna Rangoli Pre Cut Stamp  Henna Mosaic Pre Cut Stamp
Self Adhesive Pearls White 8mmSelf Adhesive Pearls Cream 5mmSelf Adhesive Pearls Black 5mm

2 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely ornaments Cathi, love the frosty colours and dangles . Tracy x

Monica said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous!