Pages

September 9, 2012

Playing with My Swirlydoos August Kit!

OK confession to my poor long suffering knitting and quilting readers that have stuck by me after I have changed focus...not only am I addicted to paper, but use my budget to buy several kits of lovely papers and embellishments...I should probably cut it down to one or two kits but I enjoy these too much right now and am still managing to save for the family, so will indulge my scrappy passions for the moment.

I am going to try to blog about one kit and the projects I do with it each week. I will try to do at least one layout if not more and several cards from the scraps! We'll see how it goes, best made plans and all...

This week I am focusing on a beautiful kit by Swirlydoos called Vintage Traditions...it is their August selection and it is gorgeous! Lots of beautiful papers and embellishments!

Here is the sketch I used for my first layout I did this weekend:

My take on the sketch turned out like this!!



The photo is one of my grandmother and her younger sisters in the early 20s or so...I had a lot of fun trying masking and using gesso...got out some cheesecloth to layer as well.

I also played along with their card sketch:

We were supposed to use lace and Prima packaging as well...here is my take using black lace and paper scraps from the card and the clock is taking from Prima flower packaging... I turned the sketch on its side for this one...

I think it will be fun to take the leftover pieces of paper to make cards to sell at Wood Brothers, plus there is always tons more full sheets of patterned paper left and embellies to put in the stash for later... Love to get the most out of my kits as possible and making sure to do cards with leftovers will help that!

1 comment:

Sarah-R said...

Gorgeous Cathi! Wonderful work! Love the different elements in the layout - you've created so much texture!