Pages

November 15, 2014

Skater Boys: A Layout for Meg's Garden


I am here today with  another project using the gorgeous The Sherlock Book Kit by Watson by Meg's Garden!!  I decided to make a layout with mine using the book pages and amazing ephemera provided in the kit!  

For the background 12 x 12 inch page I used the The Gentlemen Collection: Gentleman paper. To me, in the Sherlock Book Kit there was a lot of masculine ephemera, many using new inventions for the turn of the century and one even looking like a globe...which reminded me of the Worlds Fair... I tucked that into the layout here and decided to use this amazing photo I have in my family collection of my Great Great Uncle Leo at the St. Louis World's Fair in the early 20th Century. Roller skating was being demonstrated there as a possible entry into the Olympics. Leo and his buddies looks so cool posed here!!


Above you can see several layers of ephemera cut out and layered under my photo. I have also made some gorgeous flowers using the Bitty Blossoms die I have in my stash and papers from the book kit.

I have twirled and tucked in the gorgeous Brown Dodo Vine Wire for some cool detail and added a Vintage Trinket: Cog.


I added a fun ticket cut out from the kit, and here you can see the masking misting and stamping I have added to my background. I thought the title "Skater Boys" worked well for this!!


Tucked in behind the photo cluster I have one of the tag cut outs from the kit and have added some journalling information. I attached the Filigree Oval Vintage Trinket to the tag to help pull it out and to add some gorgeous detail to the layout.

I had a great time putting this together and I hope that you enjoyed it!!


Supplies from Meg's Garden:



Supplies from Stash:
Bitty Blossoms Donna Salazar Die
Tim Holtz Dot Fade Stencil
Prima Stamp

No comments: