Pages

August 30, 2014

Tag You're It at Sugar Creek Hollow



This week our challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow is Tag You're It! Make a vintage tag in any theme and join our challenge!

I bought a ton of shells when I was in the States, as I love to use them as embellishments on beach layouts and cards...so I thought, why not a beachy themed tag!! In the end I went for a vintage image of mermaids which caught my eye! I inked my tag in Pine Needles and Spiced Marmelade Distress Ink then spritzed it with water for some cool effects. I used a mask and molding paste to make the cool white bubble effects around the edges of the tags. I added cheesecloth for texture under the image, some chipboard coral and seaweed and some real shells from my collection.

The mermaids are looking at strings of pearls so of course I had to add my own string of pearls to the tag. I added the small rub on words "discover beauty", then finished the tag off with some fibers that I think echo the mermaids hair!

I love the way this tag turned out and I hope you will come join us in the challenge!!!

4 comments:

Meggymay said...

Beautiful tag, love how you used the shells.
Yvonne

Plony said...

wow...great tag....I love the combination from the picture with the shells.....very lovely.
Hugs Plony

Ita said...

The tag,is super,this is my fifth attempt
Will try in the morning
Ita

Pamellia said...

Oh, this is fantastic! What a wonderful background, it looks like water!! Your image is fabulous and real seashell embellishments...love it!! :)